- Are you using the best out of your device camera and GPU in your app?
- Do you know how camera frames are drawn on the screen?
- Do you think your camera should do way more than just clicking a picture?
- Did you ever try to process the frames like applying filters or beautification before previewing it?
- How a view or camera frame is drawn on the screen?
- What is OpenGL? How OpenGL controls GPU rendering?
- What are vertex and fragment shaders? How do they affect the camera frame and preview?
- How can we modify the camera frames between camera APIs and previewing? What all can we do with that?
Well, let's get all these questions answered in the presentation below with our experiences and challenges we've faced.
This topic was presented remotely at Mobile Optimized 2020, Minsk, Belarus (Remote) on 07 Nov, 2020.